Brookes boys attempt world record

5-aside like you’ve never played it before.

On the 6th April the Brookes Sports Hall will play host to the attempt to break the world record for the longest Futsal match.

The Brookes Futsal team are taking on Futsole for a 45 hour marathon match. The current world record is held in Norway and stands at an impressive 40 hours.

Futsal is indoor 5-aside football, 24 players are forming two squads of 12, each playing around 20 hours. The teams are all friends, as in playing together for that long, they needed people who got on well.

The Tab spoke to Rollo Hovey who said “I decided to do it because I wanted to hold a world record. The persuasive Mr Charlie Sole convinced me to play.”

The boys have even received a message of support from Bear Grylls who reminded them “the pain won’t last forever”.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqSWhmjN21g&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

As well as breaking a record, the match is hoping to raise money for charity too. The Brookes Futsal team is raising money for Maggie’s Cancer Hospice, one of Brookes’ registered charities. Their JustGiving page can be found here.

Rollo has chosen to raise money for the charity YoungMinds who support young people with mental illnesses. He said he chose this charity because “It is something that has affected friends of mine and is not talked about enough.” You can find Rollo’s JustGiving page here.

For more information about the event and to see the full list of players you can sponsor join the Facebook event.

If you want to get involved email the [email protected] or you can like us on Facebook for even more content.