What’s on: week 10

With exams approaching why not give yourself a break with lots of great events on this week.

Tuesday 1st

Laugh off those study blues and end April fools day with the final ‘Comedy Knights’ of the year. Join Nat Luurtsema, bestselling author of ‘Cuckoo in the Nest’ and “disgustingly talented” (The Guardian) stand-up comedian. In addition to free entry enjoy Luke graves MC skills in the Union Hall, JHBB starting 7.30pm.

Get into the Easter spirit at Bounce as they hide hundreds of eggs around Lola Lo’s as well as special ‘magic’ eggs which are said to contain special prizes. Unleash your inner child here.

Thursday 3rd

The Cellar brings ‘The Irrepressibles’ to Oxford. This Art-pop collective group has influences of new wave, grunge and exotica. With their music hailed as  ‘scintillating’ and ’emotionally bare’, you would be mad not let this musical finery ravish your ears.

Friday 4th

End your week with a bit of culture at Blenheim Palace with the Cotswolds Art & Antiques Dealers Association Fair. The fair boasts the best collection of rare historical tapestries showcased with prices ranging from £100 to £100,000 so if you fancy yourself an art aficionado and have a few quid left over from your loan, you know where to go.

For all things Brookes, like our facebook page.