Meet the teams: Women’s Rugby

Deirdre Waters, Women’s Rugby President, talks us through her team.

Team

The Ladies of Brookes Rugby are hosting ‘Brookes Olympics Charity Sports Day’ next Wednesday 2nd April. So before their big day we thought we would find out who has the best conversion rate, who is a try-hard, and who is always stepping out of line(-out).

1. Who’s the angriest member in the squad?

In my experience, luminous face paint is always a sign of anger issues

Amy Liverton: She looks like a tame girl but you definitely wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of her. If she wants it, she gets it!

2. Who’s always getting injured?

Hannah will feature in next week’s ‘What’s in your wardrobe’, talking us through her Wizard of Oz obsession

A dress to match the leg brace, a fantastic effort

Hannah Pontet and Liz Barker: Fresher Hannah already knows the JR back-to-front, you will normally see her on crutches due to injuries sustained on and off the pitch. Liz is also no stranger to A+E, but it would never stop her from going on a night out!

3. Who’s the most high-maintenance?

Rosie Jackson:We will be getting this Lady baby-leish for tour. This Fresher loves to wander off on nights out but she can usually be found at the bar or on the dance floor flaunting her moves.

4. Who’s the biggest freak?

Clare Harrison: This girl is a freak on the pitch. But she aims her frustration and anger in the right direction in the game, it’s what makes her a good player… She’s a scary one to come across!

5. Who’s the biggest drinker?

Deirdre is a bad influence on Freshers and Ducklings alike

Deirdre Waters: I haven’t missed a social to Fuzzys yet this year. Being Irish is a good excuse for this right?

6. Who’s most successful with the opposite sex?

This isn’t an unfamiliar position to find Aimee in

Aimee Fearn: This crazy girl loves climbing in windows with her acquaintances and woos all the chaps with her feisty Welsh accent!

7. Who’s got the most flair on the field?

Emma Jones: Our top try scorer,  she is forever coming up with new moves to shimmy past the opposition and get the ball over that line!

8. Who wouldn’t you expect to be as good as they are?

The dangerous, and ridiculously tall, Ellen Witt

Ellen Witt: Our hench second row can really smash people up.

9. Who’s only in it for the parties?

Having attended more socials than training sessions, this girl steals the title for biggest party animal.

10. Who’s the best player in the squad?

Nicole Ashman: This Fresher deserves a mention. She’s always on her game. Over the past year, she has come on leaps and bounds and is even going to be doing some coaching next year. Listen out for her blowing her whistle!

Check out the Sports Day event on Facebook and sign up a team before 31st March.

For all things Brookes, like our Facebook page.