What’s on: week 8

Find out what’s on at the SU and where to go on Friday night to celebrate the dreaded dissertation deadline.

We know you’ll all be busy finishing those dissertations as hand in day approaches but why not give yourself a break even if it’s only for an hour? The Union’s got a packed schedule this week so you don’t have to travel far.

Tuesday 18th

Relieve your stress and have a laugh with Paul F Taylor, known for his quirky humor and one liners. Join the student union in welcoming Paul, Stuart Laws and Harriet Kemsley for a stand-up comedy night held in the union hall from 7:30.

Wednesday 19th             

Trying to keep an eye on your wallet as you await the final installment of the student loan? Then come along to a free talk from Kate Smurthwait, a famous comedian and feminist known from the viral YouTube clip “Atheist B!tchslap”. Hear her ‘Professional Opinion’ from 7:30.

Friday 21st

As we say sayonara to our dissertations and celebrate the joy of never having to write 10,000 words again Brookes ACS presents an #AllBlackParty at Varsity, girls pull out those LBDs and dance the night away with music from DJ Funky.

Alternatively head to Carbon for the return of Lost in the Zoo. Bristol based producer ‘Liable’ is set to grace the decks downstairs with his impressive production skills crossing the gap between house & garage. Head to the Facebook event to find out more.