Meet the teams: Brookes Cricket

Here at The Brookes Tab, choosing a team for this week left us stumped. Luckily we caught (and bowled) up with Tom Ingram of Brookes Cricketing fame.

We were bowled over by the group he compiled of who’s got a sticky wicket, who hasn’t Gough a clue, who Boycotts training.

1. Who’s the angriest member in the squad?

Devane aka The Shadow

Devane Warner: Also known as ‘That guy from fight night’ or ‘That guy that stands on the door at Bridge’. From the photo you can tell he isn’t exactly the cuddly type. If he isn’t shouting at opposition Batsmen, he is shouting and screaming about something else.

2. Who’s always getting injured?

Alex Collins: The twig. One of Brookes’ best bowlers (surprisingly), he has an incredible ability to snap bones, ligaments and muscles, just unlike Brett Lee, it’s in his own body.

3. Who’s the most high-maintenance?

You can keep him

Will Berry: Without a doubt, he is one of the most difficult people OBUCC has had to Babysit. If he isn’t pissing on someone’s house with the person walking to their front door, he is pissing off the rest of the committee by being a moron.

5. Who’s the biggest drinker?

Oliver Holden: This was a tough one. You would expect the bigger lads like Ali Stanley and Merrick Steward to take this crown, but they are both awful. So I am going to give it to not the biggest boozer, but the boy who has gained the most alcohol-based-weight during his time at Brookes.

6. Who’s most successful with the opposite sex?

Mum?

James: With a beard that could make a Wolverine purr, he has managed to pick up some of the Brookes elite, but as of print, has been wrestled down by a Fresher who is super nice and incredibly sexy (My attempt at not getting him in trouble with her).

7. Who’s got the most flair on the field?

AD has a lovely action

AD Fox: Despite Foxy’s OBUCC career starting with him being unable to actually walk onto the field (due to ‘The Devil – Dan Sutton’), he has evolved into a typical Caribbean cricketer, all flare. However no one actually knows what his first name is.

8. Who wouldn’t you expect to be as good as they are?

Vishane Perera: Standing at an intimidating 3 foot 7, Clubber Steve’s diabetic, partially-sighted Asian cousin really knows how to surprise people. You would expect someone of his stature to not have the skill but he is one our best top-order Batsmen.

9. Who’s only in it for the parties?

Dave and Chris pose with anonymous stranger

David Goddard and Chris Wilton (Prince Harry): Our Social Secretaries.  This year they have appeared at approximately 1 and a half training sessions between them. They don’t play, at all. I don’t honestly know how they even made it as committee members.

10. Who’s the best player in the squad?

I can do this with no hands

Alistair Easton: I would say me here, because I know how much it would annoy people. However, at print, the guy who I back to be our best player in the coming season has to be Alistair. He went to Millfield, so he is obviously incredible at everything involving balls.

To keep up with everything Brookes, like The Brookes Tab on Facebook.