11 things we love about the new library

You’ve been showing your appreciation for the new building all over Instagram so we thought we’d join in.

We noticed you’re all pretty big fans of the new library judging by the amount of instagrammed photos and tweets (#JHBB) you’ve been posting. Here at The Tab we decided to pick our top 10 favourite things we love about it.

1. The plugs in the sofas and popping out of the floor

2. The adjustable tables suitable for both dwarfs and giants. You’ve got to love some political correct design features.

3. The moving bookshelves…although there’s the possibility of severe injury.

4. Water water everywhere…

Even though they are right next to all the toilets…?

5. The amazing procrastination views. Also great for people watching. What were that couple who were caught having sex thinking?

6. No more stuffy hot library. Instead there are windows that open automatically (on a sensor so we’ve heard) although the novelty wears off once you lose feeling in you fingers.

7. The vending machines. Coffee on demand and water delivered to you at standing height. No more bending down to the floor, it did tire us out so.

8. White boards and computers for group work.

Finally you can play hangman during your “breaks”!

9. Open spaces and ALL that glass. It sort of makes the old building feel like an underground bunker.

10. Games. In the last week we’ve caught you playing hide and seek (all those little study rooms finally have a use) and throwing paper airplanes off the platform. Keep it up.

11. The floating lecture theatre. Oxford University may beat us in the league tables but they don’t get to learn in a room suspended in the air.

Want more from The Tab? You can like us on Facebook or get involved yourself by emailing [email protected]