OBUHC gain yet another sponsor

Hockey club goes from champagne to Chinese take out.

brookes hockey obuhc oxybox sport student

The OBUHC have added another sponsor to their ranks and it’s OXYBOX 2go, the “young and vibrant” Chinese takeaway that combines good food with sustainable packaging.

At just over a year old, they’re doing well taking the best from Chinese, Taiwanese and Singaporean cuisine and serving it in those American style takeaway boxes you see on TV. Sad to admit but it makes it all the more exciting to eat.

Look at that. Doesn’t that make you want Chinese?

It’s great that they’ve got involved with the Brookes Hockey team but isn’t it slightly ironic that a takeaway company (we’re assuming it’s not that healthy here) is sponsoring a sports team?

Hopefully their tagline “it’s not what you know, it’s what you eat” doesn’t get in the way of the team’s performance and that they aren’t forgetting their tactics in favour of chopsticks.

The Men’s First Team are very proud of the newest addition.

They’re probably already getting in a lot of free champagne from their current sponsors and with Chinese takeaways come connotations of a boozy, laddy nights out, so this is quite a fitting choice to complement their current Prosecco pals.

In celebration of their newest sponsor, they should at least consider getting t-shirts with “Wok-ey Club” written somewhere on them. Nothing worse than a missed opportunity.

Do you want to write for The Tab? Email us at [email protected] and say hi.