Brookes Does Bargain Hunt

Student dons blue fleece to appear on TV show.

Third year history student Joe Parton will be starring in the popular lunchtime show tomorrow.

Joe, together with Dad Jeremy, travelled to Newark for filming in late 2013 and their efforts will be broadcast tomorrow. After first exploring the antiques fair they then took their wares to an auction house a few weeks later for the popular daytime show.

Boys in blue: Joe and Jeremy took on a mother and daughter team during the show.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, Joe said: “It was genuinely the most enjoyable thing I’ve ever done. Everything you see on the programme is exactly how it happened on the day. Everyone on set was really friendly.”

The father and son team had applied once before but were unsuccessful. Undeterred they applied for a second time scoring an audition and screen test where they were given tasks to perform.

Despite being a diehard Wolves fan, Joe said the whole thing was better than any football match he’d ever been to.  He’d recommend the TV experience to anyone who fancies it but refused to tell us how they’d fared.

Want to find out? Bargain Hunt (Brookes style) is broadcast tomorrow, 22nd January, at 12.15 on BBC One.

Do you want to write for The Tab? Email [email protected] to find out more or like our page on Facebook.