Fight Night: The Post Match Interview

Fight Night winner Jack ‘Midnight’ Gillingham spoke exclusively to The Tab.

Hundreds of Brookes students packed out the Oxford Town Hall to see 18 lads punch the hell out of each other for their entertainment.

With the hall illuminated, the gents suited and booted, the ladies dolled up to the nines, boxers prepped and alcohol flowing, the ring was set for one of the best nights in the Brookes calendar: Gentlemen’s Fight Night.

The crowd jeered and cheered the action, and most leered at the Ring-girls. As the crowd got drunker and the fights got better, the volume grew and the atmosphere was electric.

Afterwards, The Brookes Tab spoke to the triumphant Jack ‘Midnight’ Gillingham:

Have you been recognised around campus?

“I only bother to go to uni a handful of times a month so I wouldn’t know, but the support I got from people (excluding my housemates) was awesome.”

You told us before the fight that your main motivation for taking part was to get laid, did you achieve your aim?

“No sadly not, still working on that. All the girls seemed to flock to my defeated opponent to console him, I should have thrown the fight! When it rains it pours!”

How does it feel going back to normal university life?

“It’s great not having to work-out or go running ever again but I do miss the excitement and nerves from before Fight Night.”

What have you learnt from the experience?

“The reason I did it was to see what I’ve got in the locker, so winning has taught me that I’m not a complete weef.”

Do you plan to continue your fighting career?

“Only in nightclub smoking areas.”

And finally, what did your parents have to say about the whole thing?

“Mum was so worried she wouldn’t let me talk about it and dad flat out disapproved.”

So Jack certainly improved his BNOC-status with the win but maybe proved that women don’t really like a Fighter.

To stay up-to-date with all things Brookes, like The Brookes Tab on Facebook.