The Truth About MNB

Wise words from the serial clubber.

Lava or MNB? Well, this article focuses on the Tab Brookes’ night out at Bridge as coming into my third year of university; this seems to be the place to go on a Monday night. Well, this is my report on what all the fuss concerning Monday Night Bridge is all about.

Without further ado let’s get to the night itself and considering that this is during the middle of term, the clubbing scene is a lot quieter than usual but still as long as you are with good mates, this makes no difference. Even so, MNB seems the place to go to on a Monday so even though it was a bit quieter than usual, I knew that it was going to be a good night. As a result, when I arrived it was fairly empty due to my golden rule No. 4 of getting to the club early but as I have already mentioned, it was going to get busy.

What do you know, it did in fact get busy which itself provided Bridge with a great clubbing atmosphere and I think it also helped that this was my first time clubbing in Bridge this year as I really did not know what to expect. The music that played on this night also helped build up this atmosphere as all of the traditional clubbing tunes came on which is always a pleasure to hear on a night out. Hence, so far so good with regards to Bridge.

Well coming to one of my most popular golden rules which is No. 7 of how to be economical on a night out, we come to the drink prices of this night out. In my opinion, they were of standard clubbing price, not too expensive but not the cheapest so being economical was easily covered on this night. The VIP at Bridge is probably one of the best VIPs in Oxford with plenty of space compared to many VIPs I have been in with a fully functional bar which is always helpful in a VIP. I am starting to see why Bridge seems the place to go to on a Monday now.

As I mentioned at the start of this article I was not on my own for this night out as a few members from the Tab Brookes were also out on this night meaning that it was definitely a night for the Tab Brookes to let their hair down. Several clubbers were lucky to get hold of Tab T-shirts and in general, this gave this night a different aspect compared to most other clubbing nights out.

To sum up, Monday Night Bridge (MNB) was a brilliant night out with a great atmosphere which is crucial in order to have a good night out. Even though, the club is narrower than most other clubs when it is not rammed, you have freedom to move so this is fine. A mention has to go to Sam Zappi for providing such a good night out and I’m sure that I will definitely have to come again now.

Want to get more from The Tab Brookes? Like us on Facebook.