Slo-Gro-Movember

Ben Jenkins updates us on his Movember attempt.

Movember is well and truly upon us, but where’s my moustache?

As a third year student at Brookes I am familiar with certain University games and traditions.

Games such as Six Fish where if someone farts they must shout ‘Safe’ before another present person shouts ‘Six Fish’. If they fail to do so the Farter must name six different species of fish while everyone in the room repeatedly punches them as hard as possible.

Or traditions such as The Chicken Supreme Wednesday Night Snapchat Special. This involves coming out of Fuzzy Ducks at 3am and heading straight for Kebab Kid on Cowley Road. Here you ask for a Chicken Supreme, an item not on the menu and a price that varies depending on who is serving. Once you have been handed the mythical meal, you Snapchat all your friends a selfie of you and the dish with the caption “Taking this Bird home tonight!”.

However one practise I cannot master is Movember. Every November I try to culture hair on my top-lip, and every November I end up looking like a 14 year old Mexican kid.

Today is the twelfth day of Movember and some people have handlebars already.

One third of the way through and I have light shadowing. Puberty was hard enough as a teenager, but now, nearly at 21, I assumed it was over.

Movember 13 talks of ‘The Nod’ people receive with Movember, all I seem to have been given is a few smirks and one old lady laughing at me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaCnGd_DnXE[/youtube]

I will keep you updated on my moustache situation over the next month. In the meantime please be kind enough to donate a few pounds to change the face of men’s health.

Donate at www.mobro.co/benjaminjenkins