Brookes, are you satisfied?

The results are in, find out which students are the most satisfied with their course.

Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of the course. This is the statement that students must judge the accuracy of after three years of: heavy drinking, scrounging off of Student Finance and occasionally getting caught on local debauchery ridden Facebook pages such as Spotted: Oxford. Or, as it is better known, ‘studying.’

The years you spend at university are renowned for being some of the happiest of your life. You have the freedom you have always wanted. Your social life is at its all time high. You have no major responsibilities hanging over your head, and every other adult envies you terribly for it. And you have made the ever so difficult decision of choosing what direction you want your life to go in by selecting a university and a course: a course you anticipate will help you choose a career. So surely you want to know you are in the safe hands of an institution known for high course satisfaction results?

The Unistats results are in, and Oxford Brookes has a lot to celebrate over. According to statistics, the Brookes historians are the most satisfied with their course, reporting a 98% satisfactory score for their history degree. Narrowly missing out on top, philosophy and occupational therapy boast a strong 97% score. Remember, this online survey was conducted only by students who graduated with these degrees.

More of Brookes’ highest rating degrees include physiotherapy, publishing media, music, history of art and biomedical sciences, all proudly claiming 96% satisfaction from former students. Observing a general trend in the data, it would appear as if the most outstanding results go to subjects in the arts and humanities departments. But what about the other departments?

Shockingly, the least satisfied degree offered by Oxford Brookes is social work, raking in only 61% by previous students. This low score also demonstrates that less than 50% of students received feedback on work that has helped them clarify things they did not previously understand.

More of the lowest rated degrees in terms of satisfaction include paramedic emergency care, tallying 63%, and a surprisingly large tie between the technological subjects: software engineering, network computing, mobile computing and information technology management for business which all scored a dismal 64%.

Results do seem to suggest that degrees taught at the Wheatley campus offer less course satisfaction than Gipsy Lane and Harcourt Hill. For all the humanities and art students out there, you are a very satisfied bunch indeed!