Brookes Student Singing Sensation

Brookes girl set to impress at the International Songwriting Competition

With over a quarter of a million Youtube hits, Brookes student Becca Nunneley is set to showcase her song ‘Hide and Seek’ at the International Songwriting Competition 2013.

Becca, in her third year studying Biology, hopes her original song will impress the likes of Selena Gomez, Keane, Avicii and the president of Columbia Records. The prize is a massive $25,000 and guarantees mass exposure and the possibility of a recording contract.

She said “Hide and Seek is about having got over someone, but not over the fact they’re with someone else”.

Brookes’ biggest hope stands a good chance of winning have made it to the semi-finals in 2011. She also performed in the Mayor of London Gigs competition this summer.

The Gigs included sets at the Westfield and O2 Arena before an Iron Maiden concert.

She said “It was the most amazing experience to have Iron Maiden fans singing Katy Perry back to me”.

Becca lives on Cowley Road is applying for an Oxford busking license. Click here to listen to ‘Hide and Seek’ or scroll down for Youtube footage of her performing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO1LqgbR4M[/youtube]