Why limit happy to an hour: Best affordable cocktail bars in Bristol

Time to get up to some midweek mischief with these offers

Maybe it’s your birthday, maybe you’ve just had a two hour seminar. Who cares, there’s literally never not a reason to not get a cocktail… or four. 

But while it’s always five o clock somewhere, everyone is broke at uni (or at least they pretend to be) so we have compiled the best cocktail bars in Bristol and their happy hours so you can justify breaking the bank because its rude not to when its two for one.  

1. The Botanist 

This bar definitely gives me “I have my life together vibes” and even if you don’t you might as well fake it till you make it and switch up the vodka lemonade this weekend.

They also do a 1.5 hour bottomless brunch that includes two courses for £29.95, a great way to treat yourself before you head home for Christmas.

Happy hour time:

All day Monday – Thursday

2. Blame Gloria 

Pink and sparkly? Say no more just hit me with a shot. 

Located in the City Centre but more than worth the trek, it’s underground decor is perfect for a cheeky Instagram photo dump, just try to get in the photo booth before you end up on the floor. 

Happy hour time :

Friday 4:30-6

Saturday 2:30 -6 

3. Tonight Josephine 

Due to it being the sister bar to Blame Gloria, this bar again brings only the best vibes. 

With Harry Styles themed bottomless brunch, karaoke events and a happy hour longer than any of your talking stages, you definitely need to pay this venue a visit. 

Happy hour time :

Mon, wed, sun – 4pm -12pm 

Tue, thur, fri – 4pm -7pm

4. London Cocktail Club 

This bar is on the triangle and right next to Mbargo so you’ll have multiple options of where to stumble into after. 

Happy hour time: 

Everyday until 8pm. Yes you read that right. Everyday .

5. Batida

If the fairy lights outside don’t tempt you I don’t know what will.

This is a great bar to scrap getting a coffee and go for a drink instead, it’s basically on the way to everything and they do frozen cocktails too.

Happy hour time:

Everyday 4-7pm

6. Turtle Bay 

With a Turtle Bay by the harbour and on Cheltenham Road your basically never not within a five mile radius. 

The food is amazing, the cocktail options are endless and we all know the bottomless brunch gets you smashed. 

Happy hour time:

Sun – fri: 11am – 7pm & 9.30pm – close

7. Dirty Martini

This bar has one of those neon angel wing signs that I know we are all sluts for after one glass of Prosecco (or evidently I am).  

But while those photos are cute, you know they will never be leaving the group chat due to the level of absolute cringe. Nevertheless, this bar should definitely be on your Bristol bucket list, they also offer bottomless martini brunch.

Happy hour:

Mon-Fri: until 9pm

Sat: until 6pm

Sun: all day

8. Her Majesty’s Secret Service 

Located next to Clifton Down station, their drinks are served in funky glasses and you enter through a phone box. Cool I know. 

Its low lighting also makes it the perfect place if you want to make a good impression on the first date.*Immediately Books*.

Happy Hour:

Seasonal offers announced on their social media

9. Vittoria

Another Whiteladies favourite and a great place to pop into if you feel like its the sort of day where you can only quench your thirst with gin. 

Happy Hour: 

£5 before 10pm £6.50 after on selected cocktails

10. Flipside 

Disco drinks, beer cocktails and seasonal favourites, the menu here is impressive.

They also have a cool smoking area, do Sunday roasts and cocktail master classes, so you can basically spend your whole day here guilt free.

Happy Hour:

All night Monday – Thursday