Updates: 500 people attended an illegal rave in Bristol over the weekend

At 12.29pm the police announced the music event had finally been brought to a ‘safe conclusion’

Last night, an illegal Halloween rave took place in an abandoned building in the Old Gloucester Road area of Hambrook in Bristol.

Avon and Somerset Police revealed in its statement that 400-500 people were in attendance.

At 12.29pm today the Avon and Somerset Police reported that the music event had finally been brought to a “safe conclusion”.

Approximately 100 people remained on the site up until 10am but were escorted away by police and currently officers remain on site.

Vehicles began arriving on site along with hundreds of people looking to celebrate Halloween from around midnight. A large rig was set up and drum and bass filled the space well into the early hours of the morning.

The police received a series of complaints and arrived at the scene at 12.17am last night. The police officers began to engage with organisers at the site to “bring the event to a safe conclusion”.

The party continued all through the night and at 10.30am the police placed road closures to prevent people from accessing the site.