Nine arrested and four stabbed after Halloween street fight outside Bristol Uni building

Queen’s Avenue remains closed and under a large police cordon

Nine people have been arrested and four men have been stabbed after reports of a street fight taking place just outside Beacon House by the U1 terminus bus stop on Queen’s Avenue.

All four men who were stabbed as well as a fifth man who presented similar injuries were taken to hospital before being discharged and arrested, Avon and Somerset Police confirmed.

Police were called to the area at 2:45 am, in the early hours of Sunday morning. Enquiries remain ongoing at the scene with a large police cordon still in place.

The cordon extends onto the pavement of Queen’s Road, completely blocking access to Bristol Uni study space, Beacon House, as well as the university bus terminus on Queen’s Avenue.

A U1 bus parked at the time of the “significant disorder” remains under cordon and other local buses have been diverted.

An Avon & Somerset police officer at the scene said they were investigating into a “serious crime” and that the road would “hopefully open again after midday”.

The police are appealing to anyone with information about what happened to call 101 and quote reference number 5221255296.

In a statement, Avon and Somerset Police said: “Nine people have been arrested following significant disorder in the Clifton area of Bristol today (Sunday 31 October).

“Police were called at 2.45am to Queens Avenue, with members of the public reporting a number of people fighting in the street.”

They went on to say: “The neighbourhood team has been informed and additional high-visibility patrols are due to be conducted in the area going forward”.