Bristol is moving out of Tier 3 and into Tier 2

If there any student houses left, this means you can go to the pub

The coronavirus restrictions in Bristol have been loosened and a move from Tier 3 to Tier 2 has been permitted.

This is comes after an announcement by Matt Hancock on the Tier alert level restrictions across England.

Bristol and North Somerset will move to Tier 2 from Saturday.

For Bristol, this means you can now legally meet socially with friends and family indoors who you have formed a support bubble with or live with, including in pubs and restaurants.

For students this means that if your house is still in Bristol, you can safely go to the pub.

You can also see friends and family you do not live or have a support bubble with in outdoor settings, in a group of no more than six.

According to the Bristol City Council bi-weekly coronavirus statistics update on the 14th December there are 124 new cases per 100,000 population in Bristol, which is less than England’s current rate of 166 new cases per 100,000. Bristol has seen a recent fall in cases and estimates the regional R number to lie between of 0.8 – 1.0.

Many students who live in the south are now facing new tougher restrictions after coming home from Bristol, with London and parts of Surrey, Hampshire and East Sussex set to move into Tier 3 coronavirus restrictions.