Bristol Uni confirms students will be mass tested for coronavirus

The university is planning to roll out mass testing from November 30th

An email sent today has confirmed the University of Bristol will be mass testing its student community for coronavirus.

The university is aiming to roll out mass testing from November 3oth. The university plans to work with the Department for Education, Public Health England and Bristol City Council to deliver the testing.

The mass testing will be offered through the provision of Lateral Flow Device (LFD) testing.

The details of how this will work are still being finalised. The university has promised to update students as soon as possible.

This follows a government plan released ten days ago which encouraged universities to mass test asymptomatic students for coronavirus before they went home for Christmas. University leaders were made to register their interest in the scheme.

The government nation-wide pre-end-of-term testing is meant to take place between November 30 and December 6, according to a timeline prepared by NHS Test and Trace and sent out to vice-Chancellors.