Bristol Uni are encouraging face coverings to be worn as ‘a sign of respect’ on campus

can’t wait to wear a UoB sports fleece and UoB face covering so everyone knows, for certain, I go to UoB

Bristol University have announced that they will be issuing face coverings to staff and students to be worn  “as a sign of respect, kindness and sensitivity to each other”.

Face coverings, along with increased sanitising stations at building entrances and one-way systems in study areas, are among new measures to ensure campus safety for the return to uni.

There are even branded University of Bristol washable face masks available on the Bristol SU shop for £2.99, but unfortunately they are out of stock for now.

Within their guidance the university acknowledged that “Face coverings are largely intended to protect others, not the wearer, against the spread of infection because they cover the nose and mouth, which are the main confirmed sources of transmission”

UoB are enhancing their hygiene measures for the return to uni in October, including making all buildings certified as COVID-19 Secure to government guidelines.

There will be increased cleaning throughout the day of “high use areas” such as study areas, toilets and door handles.

Areas such as libraries will have to meet the criteria for a COVID-19 Secure workplace before opening, which will include dedicated entrances, exits and one-way systems where possible.

Follow The Bristol Tab  FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM for the latest updates