Bristol Uni lecturer suspended by Labour for saying Starmer ‘received Zionist money’

He said ‘Comrade Starmer’ was in ‘receipt of money from the Zionist movement’

Bristol University lecturer David Miller has been suspended from the Labour Party after he said that Labour leader Keir Starmer would not conduct a proper investigation into a leaked antisemitism report because “he was in receipt of money from the Zionist movement.”

In a YouTube show the sociology professor addressed the controversial leaked report and said: “We are obviously not going to get a proper investigation of this by Comrade Starmer or by Lisa Nandy – who have been in receipt of money from the Zionist movement, from Trevor Chinn.

“And connections between the Zionist movement and the current leadership of Labour Party – it’s not the only people they have connections with.

“Many other super rich people have given them money, hedge fund owners and the like – but a significant element of support has come from the Zionist movement.”

David Miller confirmed his suspension in the Electronic Intifada. He claims that he is victim of “the targeted harassment of socialist members.”

He added that this suspension was designed to target members who understand the “racism of Zionism”.

This is the second time that the sociology lecturer has fallen into controversy. In 2019 the Bristol University Jewish society filed a complaint against Miller following a lecture in his harms of the powerful module.

The Community Security Trust (CST) sent Bristol University a copy of lecture slides that listed the “Zionist movement (parts of)” as one of the “five pillars” of Islamophobia.

The Jewish group called Bristol University an “utter disgrace” over its response to the complaint, as no action against Miller was taken.

Bristol University has declined to comment. David Miller has been contacted for comment.