‘At this current time, we are not cancelling the event’: announce LSTD organisers

The festival organisers are ‘exploring every available option’ so the event can take place

Love Saves The Day festival have announced that they are not yet cancelling the festival, despite new public health guidance to avoid large events during the Coronavirus outbreak.

This comes after other major UK festivals, such as Glastonbury, have announced cancellations due to the COVID-19 virus.

In a Facebook post, Love Saves said: “We have been working day and night to ensure that this years Love Saves The Day event will take place.

“Given the unprecedented set of circumstances we are all facing together and the responsibility that we all share for the well being of our friends, family and loved ones, it seems increasingly likely that Love Saves The Day will be unable to take place in May at Eastville Park”

Although Love Saves are not yet cancelling the festival, due to take place on the late May Bank Holiday weekend, they are first exploring their options and ask for patience from their ticket-holders:

“At this current time, we are not cancelling the event and we are exploring every available option to ensure that the event can still take place this summer.

“It would be amazing if you can all bear with us whilst we continue to work with our thousands of staff, artists, suppliers, as well as the council and responsible authorities to make plans on this basis and we will update you all as soon as we can..”

Love Saves signed off their announcement by encouraging their avid festival goers to “look out for each other” and “be kind to everyone” during this difficult time.