UoB ski trip cancelled as Les Deux Alpes shuts amid coronovirus outbreak

UBSC confirmed the news in an instagram post this afternoon

UBSC has announced that the ski trip has been officially cancelled.

The news comes as the resort, Les Deux Alpes, has shut for the season due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak.

The committee released the sad news in an instagram post at 1pm today.

The post reads: “It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce that UBSC Fest 2020 is cancelled as Les Deux Alpes has shut for the season owing to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak.We are working with Wasteland Ski to determine the next steps and will update you all as soon as we have any developments.

“Due to the large number of travellers this has affected we ask that you avoid contacting us as we do not have the resources to deal with thousands of calls and messages. Please direct questions to Wasteland Ski directly.

“Whilst we appreciate there is a lot of uncertainty, please be patient as we deal with this. It is a rapidly evolving and completely unprecedented situation for everybody involved.

“We are completely devastated to not be skiing and partying with you all this Easter, this news is utterly heartbreaking for everyone who has worked so hard on this trip. Next year will just have to be twice as big!”