Image may contain: Paper, Plant

Anti ‘It’s okay to be white’ posters appear on UoB campus

The bright yellow posters are hard to miss

Almost two weeks after "it's okay to be white" posters were discovered around Bristol campus, new posters opposing the racist slogan have been zip tied to lampposts around uni.

The bright yellow posters send this message: "It's okay to be white, non-white, pink, green, orange, purple…Polka dots and stripes are also okay. But being a racist is not okay.

"What matters is not your skin colour, but whether you have a good heart, beautiful mind, kind soul and fine character.

"So please kindly respect everyone. Thank you. Love & hugs."

Image may contain: Tin, Path, Text, Beer, Beverage, Alcohol, Drink

One of the posters found on Tyndall Avenue

The anonymous posters also feature famous quotes from the anti-apartheid activist, Nelson Mandela, and leader of the Civil Rights Movement, Martin Luther King.

Image may contain: Puddle, Road, Path, Tin, Asphalt, Tarmac, Human, Person

They include excerpts of famous speeches, including Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream' speech 1963: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"

Image may contain: Calligraphy, Handwriting, Text

The "it's okay to be white" posters, which have since been removed or defaced, can still be seen around campus.