Image may contain: Downtown, Vehicle, People, Transportation, Rail, Train Track, Railway, Street, City, Town, Road, Building, Urban, Crowd, Outdoors, Nature, Pedestrian, Person, Human

This year’s In:Motion season will be the last as club worries over ‘very uncertain future’

RIP Bristol nightlife

Motion has announced that this is the last year they will be running the "In:Motion" series. Much like the fates of Blue Mountain and Lakota, the future of the club as a whole is also under threat.

A short Twitter thread suggests that Motion's troubles have a lot to do with the evolving nature of the Temple Meads area.

Dan Deeks, Managing Director of Motion Events, issued a statement saying that the recent sale of land surrounding Motion, as well as plans to develop the club into residential property, mean it is likely that they will face a number of severe challenges in the coming years. If residential properties are built, Motion will have to comply with strict noise regulations. Deeks said: "The club will remain open but has a very uncertain future at this point."

"In:Motion" has been a staple club night for students over the past 10 years, putting on some of the biggest names in dance music, including the likes of Carl Cox, Nina Kraviz and Andy C. Motion itself was recently voted 11th best club in the world by DJ Mag readers.

It's not all doom and gloom for the "In:Motion" series. Responding to a fan on Instagram, Motion said that the 2020 season will be the "busiest to date." This will hopefully give fans of the iconic warehouse club night something to look forward to.