Taylor Swift’s new song is basically about Bristol Uni (ish)

Ok, let us have this

Hide Images

Taylor Swift has written a new song and it's basically about the University of Bristol (kind of).

Talking about how much T-Swift loves London, New track London Boy features the lyric: "And now I love high tea, stories from Uni".

Okay, so the song is not exactly an ode to Bristol. It is actually a love song to her English boyfriend Joe Alwyn who is from, you guessed it, London. He did however study English Lit and Drama at Bristol, graduating in 2012.

So Tay Tay is clearly singing about how much she loves hearing tales from 2011-era UoB.

Truth be told, Taylor's new track sounds more like she is reading out of the index of a London A to Z than a work of lyrical genius, but each to their own. Lyrics include the lines:

'You know I love a London boy / I enjoy walking Camden Market in the afternoon / Took me back to Highgate, met all of his best mates

"You know I love a London boy, I enjoy nights in Brixton / Shoreditch in the afternoon"

Knowing London, you would probably need a jet pack to fit in visiting all of those places in one day but if anyone can do it, Tay Tay can!

It is thought that Swift and Alwyn began dating is late 2016, but the pair have kept their relationship fairly secretive. Some Taylor Swift fans have interpreted her new album Lover as a clear sign that she and Joe are actually engaged. This has not been confirmed.

Alwyn is an actor known for his role as Masham in The Favourite (2018), in which he starred alongside Emma Stone, Olivia Coleman and Rachel Weisz. His other works include playing Klaus Eichmann in Operation Finale (2018) and Robert Dudley in Mary Queen of Scots (2018).

Please, just let us have this one.