Image may contain: Party, Dress, Smile, Face, Woman, Sunglasses, Accessory, Accessories, Skirt, Female, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

Ex-Stoke Bishop second years cause the most noise complaints, documents confirm

Stokey-B strikes again

Second year students constitute more than half of those contacted by the University for noise complaints, figures from a Community Liaison Group Meeting reveal.

The document from the university-led meeting reveals that of those second years contacted between August and December last year, 75 per cent of students had lived in Stoke Bishop the previous year.

A link was found whereby 57 per cent of second years who had experienced noise complaints last term had also lived in Stoke Bishop and attended private or boarding schools.

Image may contain: Club, Bar Counter, Clothing, Apparel, People, Room, Pub, Face, Crowd, Audience, Party, Human, Person, Indoors, Interior Design

These photos do not relate to the parties mentioned in the article.

Joni Lloyd gave an update from Bristol Uni, stating: "Students who have moved from boarding school to a catered hall to private sector may be least experienced at living in the community."

From August to December 2018 the university received 128 complaints in total, of which the majority were related to noise disturbances and house parties.

Image may contain: Building, Housing, Pants, Photo, Portrait, Photography, Indoors, Female, Smile, Furniture, Couch, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Face, Human

Out of the 128 complaints, the majority were based in Redland where 67 complaints were issued, compared to 38 in Clifton. What is more, in 61 per cent of incidents relating to second years in Redland occurred when the students had lived in Stoke Bishop during their first year.

The Deputy Head of Student Services Claire Slater stated that Stoke Bishop has the highest number of first year disciplinary incidences of the three campuses.

The report also discusses the penalties taken against student offenders. It found that 12 households had been required to attend the Anti-Social Behaviour Impact Awareness session, costing each student £50. Three other households received fines of £100 per person.