Breaking: David Attenborough is coming to Bristol next month

Tickets are FREE

Wildlife lover and broadcasting legend Sir David Attenborough is set to come to Bristol on October 11th for a screening of Blue Planet II.

To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of BBC Bristol’s world-renowned Natural History Unit, Attenborough will be hosting a screening of the first episode of the series, prior to general airing on BBC One.

Held at the Cinema de Lux, in Cabot Circus, tickets are free with eager fans clamouring to sign up since 9am this morning.

Attenborough's new series Blue Planet II

According to The Bristol Post, Julian Hector, Head of the BBC’s world famous Natural History Unit, is hosting the event.

In a statement, Hector said: “Bristol has been the global home of Natural History programme-making for the past 60 years so this will be a really special moment for us to get together with Sir David Attenborough and fans to premiere the new series of Blue Planet II.

“We are really proud of this series and excited for fans to be some of first to see the programme ahead of its debut on BBC One.”

The event starts at 7pm, with registration from 6pm. You can sign up through the event website here.