Why joining the Tab Bristol is the best thing you’ll do at uni

Legendary status awaits you

Celina – Bristol Editor

It's worth joining just for the free t shirt tbh

It’s worth joining just for the free stuff tbh

In February I went to my first ever Tab meeting and the Editor at the time told me writing for the Tab is the best thing I could do at uni. He was right.

To say the Tab has been helpful at getting me get started in journalism is an understatement. Thanks to the Tab I’ve been at training days with journalists from The Times, Vice, Buzzfeed and The Huffington Post (to name a few). I’ve helped to organise sponsored photo shoots (yup, they let me keep the clothes) and I’ve worked on a news story with a national paper.

I was even lucky enough to have work experience with HQ in their Shoreditch office over the summer. Tom, the Deputy UK Editor, personally went over my articles with me and was showing me how I could improve. I wasn’t sitting in the office making coffee, I was doing things I was excited about.

I’ve had over half a million views on my articles and I’ve been writing for less than a year. That doesn’t happen to nineteen-year-old student journalists normally and it’s thanks to the incredible platform that the Tab has to offer.

The Tab is a fantastic network to be a part of and clicking this link in February was the best decision I’ve made.

Conrad – News Editor

When he’s not writing for us Conrad sometimes models too

The Tab offers you a voice, a place to leave your mark and have that mark looked upon by thousands, a place where that minor student news story gets found by the press and made into a national newspaper headline the next day. It’s a way to broadcast your opinions and stories to an entire nation.

Who else can give a university student like you such power and potential? On top of that you get fame and fortune. You are “that Tab guy or girl”. People may hate you for what you say. But isn’t it better to be infamous than just being “Tim, the guy from Ultimate Frisbee”?

Chloe – Reporter

If you want tips on how to take a selife as good as this pls contact [email protected]

I love writing for the Tab because there’s always something new to write about, and you get such a big say in making sure you’re writing about something you’re actually interested in. It’s a buzz to know your work is being read, and even if you get criticism, sparking debate is all part of what makes it so fun. Plus you get a whole new group of people to socialise with.

Frankie – Experiences Editor

As well as writing for the Tab, Frankie (second from the right) also drinks tequila

Thanks to the Tab, I’ve eaten insects for dinner, swam naked and shaved my eyebrow. All terrible decisions with hilarious consequences. Without the Tab I wouldn’t have noticed the glory of the Poundland vibrator. Not to mention we have some cracking socials. If you’re down for a laugh and ready for some new experiences then get yourself into the Tab.

Tom – Features Editor

Tom (bottom right) looks 1000 per cent more approachable in real life. If you want to see for yourself come along to one of our meetings

The Tab Bristol is a great thing to get involved with at university. Not only is it a great experience to start your journey in the world of writing, but it’s also one of the most fun things to get involved with. Writing for us you will have creative freedom to delve into features, news, argument and fashion pieces. It’s really your choice to write whatever you want.

As a team, if we smash it, chances are HQ will be kind enough to treat us to some amazing socials. Finally, the Tab is a great way to make contacts in the world of journalism.

If you want to get involved with the Tab, finally make your parents proud of you, get money, fame, fortune and friends, change the world and generally become a better person then click this link.