Third years left baffled by 1970s sex education book they found when moving in

It’s weirdly graphic

Moving into a new house often means finding weird odds and ends left by previous tenants.

A house of surprised third years may have inherited the oddest item yet though: a copy of the notorious sex education book How a Baby is Made.

The book was written in 1975 by Danish author Per Holm Knudsen and caused a media stir this summer as it ‘horrified’ the internet with its graphic illustrations.

Alongside vividly-drawn pics of mum and dad going at it, the book says: “When the parents are not wearing any clothes, you can see that the mother has an opening between her legs.

“It is called a vagina.”

Alex, one of the third years who found the book, said: “We were shrieking and convulsing with fear when we discovered what the book contained.

“We wonder if it was left behind by someone who needed a little guidance in the bedroom.”

Try not to find this incredibly haunting

“My perspective on human sexuality has never quite recovered” says Alex.

Since discovering the book, the flatmates enjoy bringing it out for their friends, though Alex assures us they only show it to the “steelier souls”.

“It’s not one for the weak.  The reaction is always the same, a mixture of shock and disgust. I thought I wanted kids, but this book has changed me.  If this was the method of sex education used by someone, you’d end up with a celibate child.”