Bristol third years prank their mate by putting up posters offering help with IKEA furniture

Need help with your flatpack? Call this man

A group of third year jokers played a prank on their mate by placing posters of him around the ASS offering his DIY services.

A photograph of Ben Harrington, a Mechanical Engineering student, appeared in the men’s toilets in the ASS library, offering his services at constructing IKEA furniture.

The poster reads: “Do YOU need assistance with your IKEA flatpack furniture? Call an engineer! #HarringtonHere2Help.”

Struggling to put together your desk? I know just the guy who can help

The poster even has tear-away slips with Ben’s phone number on, but anyone calling him for help will have been saddened to learn the poster was only a prank, played on poor Ben by his witty mates.

We spoke to Ben, who told us this is just one of many ridiculous pranks conducted by his friends.

“Basically, me and my flatmates have been exchanging various pranks with each other over the last couple of years and this has been the biggest yet.

“My flatmate Alice found inspiration for this one when I helped her assemble her flat pack IKEA lamp at the start of this year.”

The posters are scattered around campus, so if you’re a fresher who isn’t Swedish and therefore can’t assemble basic products by following basic instructions, give this young engineer a call.