Bristol comes an impressive 37th in World University Rankings

Suck on that Kyoto University

The prestigious QS world uni rankings were released today and the University of Bristol fell to a still impressive 37th place. 

Bristol beat Durham, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Sheffield and Birmingham to make the top 40. Local laughing stock UWE didn’t even rank on a list which has more than 700 entries.

It’s not time to quarter a gram and open the champers just yet though – 37th is Bristol’s lowest ranking for four years.

Fuck the University of Tokyo!

The top five subjects to study at Bristol are: Veterinary Science (11th in the world), Geography (14th), Earth and Marine Sciences (15th), Education and Training (40th) and Psychology (51st). The lowest ranked subject is Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

Student satisfaction at Bristol remains well below the national average, and is lower than that at UWE. In fact only Strathclyde and Edinburgh score worse in terms of the percentage of undergraduates who rate the quality of feedback from lecturers.

Recent Ancient History graduate Chris Knights said: “Honestly mate I can’t believe it. 37th in the world is amazing considering the absolute mess the uni is. Do you know if the people who make this ever had to get a seat in the ASS? I mean it’s mental really.

“I had seminars with 37 people in them. 37th in the world! They really must be off their nuts over at QS.”