Tokyo World organisers set to open new mystery club

We haven’t been this happy since Syndi closed

The team behind one of Bristol’s best festivals have hinted at plans to open up a new club space in the city.

Bristol clubbers still reeling from the cataclysm of Syndicate’s closure will have their spirits lifted by the news the organisers of the Tokyo World Festival are planning to open a new club.

They teased plans for a new club in Bristol which it has said will be “something different” and “what’s missing” in the city.

Information from the organisers about the club has so far been scarce. They claimed in a Facebook post that: “Bristol needs another club space we think. We hinted it a couple of years back and can confirm we are making a fresh start.”

The only information Tokyo World have released so far is to say they are looking at an “abandoned building” in the city. A photo of one accompanied the message.

Can’t wait to throw up in the toilets here

The post says: “Bristol needs another club space we think. We hinted it a couple of years back & can confirm we are making a fresh start. May not be a Massive Venue. Just something different/whats missing. More details soon.”

But can the new mystery club fill the hole that Syndicate is leaving behind? Can its dancefloor provide the thrills to rival Lounge? In all honesty the answer to both of these questions will be yes.

Will it be a home for Lakota-esque druggies or simply another Bunker?

These guys probably can’t wait

Toby Conner, a 2nd year Physics student, said: “As long as there’s women and booze, I’m in.”

Chris Knights, a recent Ancient History graduate said: “This is typical, literally just my luck. As soon as I leave Bristol a sick new venue opens up, organised by the team behind one of my favourite festivals. You know what? I might do another degree just so I can go to this place.”

The news comes in the build-up to the third Tokyo World festival, set to take place in Eastville Park on Saturday September 26.

This year’s events will have six stages hosting some of the UK’s top DJs and underground acts. It is set to be the festival’s biggest year yet.

The festival was initially started in 2013, after organisers hosted a number of one-off events and club nights around the city.