Child porn addict secretly filmed schoolboys in university swimming pool

He possessed nearly 40,000 images of child abuse

A child porn addict has been jailed after police discovered he covertly filmed schoolboys getting changed at the university’s swimming pool.

Giles Curtis, 48, would visit the pool for a public session and then film youngsters from Bristol Grammar School as he got changed afterwards.

He was discovered to have almost 40,000 images of child abuse spread over 1,000 hard drives when police raided his basement flat following an anonymous tip.

The Redland resident pleaded guilty to 15 charges of downloading indecent photos of youngsters. He also admitted possessing indecent material with intent to distribute it, possessing prohibited cartoons and taking indecent images.

John Mannion, prosecuting, told the court: “A covert camera had been placed in a holdall to film schoolboys or adult males getting undressed.

“Clips showed schoolboys nude or partially dressed, with their private parts or bottoms.”

The university swimming pool is used by Bristol Grammar School pupils

Sentencing him to prison for a year and ordering him to register as a sex offender for 10 years, Judge Julian Lambert told Curtis: “You accept a breath-taking array of child abuse images.”

Avon and Somerset police had been tipped off by the National Crime Agency, who knew individuals in the area suspected of downloading and sharing child abuse material.

Having obtained a search warrant, police called at Curtis’ flat, where he initially asked them to return later. The officers, however, executed the warrant anyway and found ample evidence of his crimes.

The university is yet to comment on proceedings.