You can tell what someone studies from what they’re wearing

It’s a kind of superpower

| UPDATED national noad

Languages

These are the easiest to spot: the best dressed (and best looking) kids on campus are always the linguists. We’re not even trying, we’re naturally this chic. We wear European brands (Zara, H&M) and we love brands you can’t get in the UK. For some reason we really like wearing sunglasses. We can’t help it though, we’re just excited for our year abroad.

We call this look ‘Parisian chic’

Fun fact: the entrance requirements for a languages degree include one foreign language A-level, a good grasp on grammar structures and an endless supply of red lipstick.

Oh yeah, did I mention we get a year abroad?

Vets

“We’re not all obsessed with animals.”

She doesn’t know it’s not real

Langford chic

Vets don’t always dress well, but you wouldn’t either if you’d just had your hands up the the rear end of a cow, would you?

When they aren’t in their Langford clothes they dress like farmers, horse riders or they’re head-to-toe in animal prints. There is no in-between for them. Be careful not to confuse the vets with the biologists. Though they may dress similarly apparently their degrees are completely different.

English Lit/History

Your dress sense (much like your degree) is stuck in the past.

He’s concentrating so hard he doesn’t realise he’s wearing his hat inside

Like philosophy students, you guys never wear clothes you bought from regular shops. Everything you wear comes from charity shops/vintage markets/your great grandparents’ closet.

Philosophy

These people spend too much time contemplating life to be worried about fashion. At the end of the day, what’s the meaning behind it all?

Badock resident or philosophy student?

Philosophy students are also easy to identify as most walk around campus wearing pyjamas. Oh, and their eyes look like that because they’re tired from a night of reading Nietzsche (nothing to do with the shrooms they had last night, honest).

He bought his clothes on his gap year

Interestingly they don’t actually need to use deodorant because the smell of weed masks any other odours they have.

“It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought (of wearing trousers like that) without accepting it.” -Aristotle

Economics/Law

You guys dress like the Goldman Sachs/Clifford Chance employees you one day aim to be. However, it’s not only your dress sense that sets you apart from the other students: it’s the way you guys walk around like you’re smarter than the rest of us.

His future’s so bright he needs shades

“We always look this good.”

Engineering

These students are too busy designing car seats to be bothered with fashion. You may laugh, but according to a recent study these guys are going to be billionaires one day.

One of these boys might just be the next Bill Gates