This is the ultimate guide to finding Bristol’s waviest windbreakers

One windbreaker to rule them all

It’s a well established fact (probably) that per square mile Bristol has more wavy windbreakers than any other urban centre in the UK.

So when my mate Victor asked me on Tuesday night if I’d like to go wavy windbreaker shopping with him, I knew we were in the right place and that this was also the perfect task for me.

I’m not very practical, can’t help him with his aerospace homework or compete with his 4,000,000 second snapchat stories, but shopping is something I’m really good at.

These are the snapchats I’m referring to

Sobey’s

We started on Park Street’s finest, Sobey’s. Cash fresh from the machine, images of Joseph’s technicolour dreamcoat flashing through our minds, we couldn’t wait to see what gems we might find.

Browsing those wavy wavy rails

There’s a gold horse in the window, what’s not to like?

There’s no better way to spend £25 is there?

Unless you spend it on a better looking windbreaker…

The jackets were around £25, so pretty standard. Prices of other garms varied, but we’d rate it a 7/10 price-wise.

Staff were friendly, smiley but not chatty, and the windbreaker selection was top notch. Adidas left right and centre. Solid 9/10. The music was a bit too The Fray-esque for our liking, so the general wavy vibes of Sobey’s are probably only about a six though.

We found some potential wavy windbreakers but they weren’t perfect, so the hunt continued…

BS8

This wavy windbreaker thing is serious business

BS8

BS8 had a similar price range to Sobey’s; windbreakers were £25. The guy was so so friendly, actually telling Victor that he looked “sick mate” at one point.

Pretty fresh

Urban Fox

The jacket selection was actually pretty poor, probably a 2/10. But we’d give BS8 a 6/10 on the general wave scale, purely for having the nicest shop assistant we’d ever met.

Urban Fox

Next up was Urban Fox. Jackets were a standard £25, and the selection wasn’t the best, but the general vibes were great mainly because there were these two really good buskers playing in the street outside.

Not technically anything to do with the shop or its windbreaker game, but we had a fab lil’ boogie whilst we browsed as a result, so thank you guys.

Excellent work, boys

Don Majors

Next, we hit the hipster capital of Bristol that is Gloucester Road. First stop was Don Majors, but it was a quick one. Jackets were pricier than the others we’d seen, and there was an odd herbal aroma we noticed as we walked in.

Went in wavy, left a bit high

The music was cool though: I shazammed and it was “Boondigga” by Fat Freddy’s Drop.  But they clearly didn’t want us there, so instead of killing their vibe we hit the road again.

Repsycho

Not just a store – this is a SUPERstore

Repsycho was actually pretty cool, and the cheapest of all the shops we browsed. Their windbreakers were around £20, and despite putting Victor in the atrocity below, the selection was massive and some of them were actually quite wavy.

Sorry for making you look like a twat, Victor

General vibes get an 8/10, because they had some really cool sweatshirts and sequinny stuff too.

We weren’t feeling this one

Vintage Market

Still on Gloucester Road, the never-ending Gloucester Road, we went into the Vintage Market. Our advice? Don’t bother. There was absolutely nothing even remotely wavy about this place, not even a ripple.

Most of the stuff looked like it came from one of those houses in that Channel 4 show about hoarders.

Absolutely no sign of Dave the Rave here, mate

Despite the lack of wavy windbreakers, you could still find a weird little doll in a mini bath or an interesting array of fascinating factual signs, if those are more your thing.

Not sure how they’d fare if you tried to tie them round your waist in Motion though.

Hmmmm

Loot

Finally we reached the last stop on our tour – Loot near Cabot Circus.

Loot

It’s a big place, so things were looking pretty hopeful.

Woah

But after a long day, many a wavy windbreaker and so many psychedelic prints I was starting to see funny, and another member of the wave crew was starting to flag so made use of the comfy seating. The staff have clearly seen wave-wearied shoppers like us before.

He doesn’t even like shopping

Victor, however, was still going strong. He tried a few jackets on, all a reasonable £22, but we’d rate their selection poorly – probably a 3/10. This one is good for the girls but not so much for the guys.

This boy is Lakota-ready

So, what windbreaker did Victor go for? Well I can now put you out of your misery and reveal that he went for the very first one that he saw, from Sobey’s, obviously.

Mission accomplished – that is one happy Spaniard

In conclusion just go straight to Park St. It will save you a lot of valuable time.

Unless you’re going to Repsycho, in which case it’s worth the trek because that place has got so much wave it’s basically a tsunami.