Bristol’s best dressed couples – Valentines edition

Vintage couples in vintage clothes

Love is in the air…

Valentines day is upon us. For some this may mean crying into a tub of Ben and Jerry’s with your single flatmates, wondering where it all went wrong.

For others, it could mean getting high off your tits and heading to Motion, with the secret intention of scoring a semi decent chick in an attempt to mask your enormous loneliness.

However for a lucky few, v-day is about celebrating your taken status as a couple, and (probably) enjoying lots and lots of sex.

This week we met some of these loved up student couples, who also happened to be pretty stylish…

Lucie and Fred 

Meet Lucie Haines, a 2nd year Biology student and her boyfriend Fred Holt, a 2nd year Geology student. We love Lucie’s 90’s inspired ensemble, which is matched perfectly by Fred’s retro sport look.

Go to date spot in Bristol: “Motion, every time”.

Strangest/worst date you have been on together: “For our 9 month anniversary we got take away Pret.. can’t really beat that romantically.”

Korin and Dominic 

This delightful duo is Korin Andrews, a 3rd year English Lit student – and her boyfriend Dominic Gower who does 3rd year Accounting and Finance at UWE. We are obsessed with this leopard dress that Korin is rocking, and Dominic’s heavy knit jumper and oversized denim jacket guarantees casual coolness every time.

Go to date spot in Bristol: “The Apple is a favourite.”

Strangest/worst date you have been on together: “We went to Mbargo as a couple once.. does that count?”

Ellie and Chris 

Here we have Ellie Murray, a 1st year Cellular and Molecular Biology student, and Chris Thomas who does 3rd year English Literature. These guys have the vintage jackets and sunglasses game on point, and we can’t help but be jealous or that amazing grey turtleneck..

Go to date spot in Bristol: “OMG Wednesdays of course.”

Strangest/worst date you have been on together: “Probably the time we became a couple for 5 mins because we wanted to be on the Tab’s best dressed for Valentine’s Day.”

Seon and Catherine

Meet Seon Shakespere, a 3rd year Accountancy student, and his girlfriend Catherine Douglas who studies 3rd year Journalism. With their matching camel coats (and hair cuts) we can’t help but feel that this couple are really in sync with each others 6th fashion sense…

Go to date spot in Bristol: “Cafe Gusto is obviously a regular occurrence.”

Strangest/worst date you have been on together: “We went paint balling once when we started dating. Long story short, we got separated into two teams and I ended up shooting her in the head, after which she had to go to hospital.. very romantic.”

Nona and Fez 

Here we have Nona White, a 2nd year History of Art student, and her Boyfriend Fez Abbas who studies 2nd Year Physics. These guys style screams super laid back and chique, and their colour coordination is totally on point.

Go to date spot in Bristol: “The Hill, on Cotham Hill.”

Strangest/worst date you have been on together: “The last time we went to the Hill, only to realise that it had shut down (tragic) then it started pouring with rain!”