David Cameron won’t shut up about the Nandos on Park Street

Bet he’s a Lemon & Herb man

Candid David Cameron revealed he prefered chicken from the Nandos on Park Street to the posh grub at Gordon Ramsey’s gastropub.

A radio interviewer asked the PM where he would take world leaders like Barack Obama and Angela Merkel if the G7 was meeting in London for a summit.

Cambo was asked: “Do you go to Harvester, the Gordon Ramsey pub or get some chicken in from Nando’s.”

Without even breaking a meat sweat, Cameron replied:

“I’ve been to a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, I’ve been to Nandos and I’ve been to a Harvester. I think Nandos is the best value for money. I had a very good Nandos in Bristol.” 

The PM poses with Nando’s customer Navdeep Bhamra last year

Cheeky Nandos rating 10/10

The Prime Minister enjoyed his Nandos at the Park Street branch last May.

One onlooker approved of what Dave ordered that day, which included a 1/2 chicken, chips (with the all-important peri salt) and coleslaw:

“Apart from the coleslaw, that’s exactly what I’d order.”

He was less impressed that the PM sunk a bottle of red wine with this meal:

“Who goes to Nando’s to drink wine? Especially when you get unlimited refills on soft drinks!”

You could land a helicopter on his forehead couldn’t you?

If Cameron does show up to the Prime Ministerial TV debates, we suspect “Who goes to Nando’s to drink wine?” may well be the toughest question he faces.