People’s champion George Robb delivers final ultimatum to uni chiefs

Thousands united in call for protest

It was a day that will surely go down in history.

Moses delivered his Ten Commandments in Biblical times. Hammurabi enacted his code in 1754 BC.

The great emperor Justinian I gave the world his Corpus Juris Civilis in AD 529.

An epoch-shaping Declaration of Independence was delivered by the 13 American colonies on July 4th 1776.

Now the history books will have to be re-written.

Yesterday one man dwarfed each and every one of these events as he delivered his earthshaking manifesto to greedy uni bosses.

This man:

The next George Washington?

Yesterday George Robb met with Professor Judith Squires, the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education and Students, to discuss the nitty-gritty details of university funding.

We asked the leader of the ever-growing ASS protest movement how the meeting went and whether uni bosses understood how dissatisfied Arts students are with their degrees – but he didn’t seem to be in a very co-operative mood:

Let’s hope he was a little more polite to Judith.

Whatever went down at the meeting, judging from George’s public statements it doesn’t seem as if reasoned argument and empirical data will make a huge amount of difference to his desire to go all-out Russell Brand next Friday:

Remember even if you’re ‘proven’ wrong, you’re not actually wrong. Ok?

George has been told he’ll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday next week for a response from the uni. Until then, a city holds its breath.