Donervan defiant amid rumours of uni eviction plot

Uni bosses have no authority over the kebab legend

Exclusive

Furious Jason Donervan has hit back at claims they may be removed from the Triangle – insisting his van is here to stay.

Last week Epigram reported that the popular kebab van was under threat from uni plans to take control of the forecourt outside Beacon House and use it as a link to campus.

However, Jason has angrily dismissed their article as “just rumours”.

He’s going nowhere

Incredibly, it seems the university agrees.

Patrick Finch, Bursar and Director of Estates, exclusively told The Tab: “The forecourt outside of Beacon House is an adopted highway and not under university control.

“The university is not party to any licence for occupation in relation to Jason Donovan.

“That is a matter for Bristol City Council.”

This is in stark contrast to claims made by Epigram, and attributed to Patrick Finch, that the university was actively considering “the possibility of moving or removing Donervan”.

More than just a source of food. It’s a way of life

Epigram also claimed a meeting had occurred between university management and the city council last Thursday.

They said: “Sources confirmed that university management met with Bristol City Council on Thursday explicitly to discuss ways to take ‘control of the forecourt’ area.”

However, a second university statement obtained by The Tab contradicted this. It said the university was still only “considering opening discussions” with the local authorities.

When asked whether a meeting had occurred with uni management, a spokesperson for Bristol City Council said they were unable to locate anyone who had been in such a meeting.

It seems Epigram’s campaign to “Save Donervans” (there’s more than one?) might have been a bit premature.