Bouncer punches Pam Pam’s party-goer in the face

Science student spends the night in jail after the incident

| UPDATED Exclusive

This is the moment a bouncer outside Pam Pam’s appears to punch a reveller in the face.

The science student was later arrested on suspicion of assault and criminal damage, and spent the night in a cell after the bouncers called the cops.

Charlie was stood outside the club at the time with his girlfriend, and caught the fight on camera.

“The guy was quite agitated with the bouncers because he wasn’t being allowed in. He tried to run past them into the club but they dragged him outside.

“Friends were then restraining him and getting him to calm down, when the bouncer stepped in and hit him.”

The video ends with the student being carried away to outside Barclays on the other side of the road by a friend who had also been at the club.

Pam Pam’s bouncers called the police to the club

A friend of the student told us: “I didn’t actually see what happened before he was hit, but once it happened I carried him to the other side of the road to calm him down.

“He was crying a bit, but I’m not sure if that was because he was hurt or just annoyed.”

One of the bouncer’s punches was so hard, it knocked the student’s phone out of his pocket.

His friend said: “I went back over the road after calming him down to get his phone and the bouncer really freaked me out.

“He told me ‘We’re going to press charges. We phoned the police. He’ll probably get kicked out of university’.”

When police arrived on the scene, they spoke with the bouncers before arresting the student and putting him in the back of their car.

Charlie said: “I tried to show the police my video to show them what had happened but they weren’t interested.

“The whole thing was shocking. I mean, yes, the guy was clearly drunk, but bouncers are supposed to be trained to restrain people, not hit them.”

The student has now been released from police custody with a caution.

Earlier today, a close friend of the student told us: “I just want him to be back home safe.”