Best ways to celebrate the end of term
Summer ball may have been cancelled but there are still plenty of ways to celebrate the end of term.
1. For the early finishers who are just itching to get out in the sun, Love Saves The Day is back on 24th – 25th May boasting Annie Mac on the Saturday and SBTRKT on the Sunday. The festival vibe in Castle Park is sure to get you in the mood for summer! Tickets are pretty much sold out, but you’re sure to find some people selling theirs after realising they’ve still got a bit too much revision to do! There’s an after party on Saturday, Love Saves the Night, at Motion too.
2. Then there’s Sanctuary w/ Jimpster on 4th June. After selling out in under 26 hours and lots of people still looking for tickets, this looks set to be a big event. Hosted at a mansion in Bristol, party goers are told to expect it to be like going to a rich friend’s house who has chosen to throw the mother of all parties. Sounds good to me.
2. For those that can do two nights in a row, Lakota are hosting a No Scrubs and Cirque du Soul night on 5th June. Both of these classic and much loved Bristol nights combined with four rooms of house, disco, hip hop, garage and funk n soul can only lead to an epic post exams night out.
3. If you’re looking for another day festival because you just haven’t had enough sun, then look no further than Just Jack’s all day party on June 7th. It promises a very different vibe with a ‘gritty concrete backdrop’ at The Carpark, Clement Street.
4. For a more classic university summer ball, head to the UBLC Aloha Summer Party on the 7th June. I’m assuming an Hawaiian Luau type theme, but check out the UBLC facebook group for upcoming details and to find out how to get tickets.