Battle of the cattle: cows rampage through Bristol

-Herd of cows set loose by overturned trailer
-Poilce Officer taken to hospital with injuries
-One cow shot dead, in a “distressed state”

Bristol Cows herd rampage

It sounds like a load of bullocks, and that’s because it is.

There were incredible scenes on Saturday 3rd May, when 8 cows rampaged through a residential area of Bristol, leaving residents far from aMOOsed.

‘Where’s the Cravendale?’

The unlikely group of trespassers escaped from a passing tractor and trailer that overturned nearby around midday on Saturday.

Seemingly not wanting to milk their injuries, the herd went on a rampage – damaging gardens and cars in residential Bradley Stoke, located in the north of Bristol close to Cribbs Causeway.

Even the law wasn’t a boun-dairy for the herd, as one animal took beef with a police officer, trampling him as he attempted to round up the unruly mob.

Another cow was shot dead by a police marksman at the request of the farmer due to its “distressed state”, a decision reportedly made out of udder desperation.

The steaks were raised as they moved higher up the street before they were safely rounded up.

Second year Ancient Historian Chris Knights said “I’m glad the police took the bulls by their horns before anybody got hurt, a real relief for me, and all other residents of the city.”

Watch the herd caught on camera by local residents here:

This video was uploaded by Keith Brett:

This video was uploaded by Dave Garland: