Ski style: Val Thorens 2014

Our fashion team decamped to the slopes to find Bristol best-dressed skiers

Last week, the Tab’s Georgie Bretherton hit Bar 360 in Val Thorens to get the low down on how to remain stylish on a Bristol Uni ski trip…

Alex DC, 1st year Chemical Engineering

Alex was seen rocking a popular look; the retro ski jacket. These were found in abundance in Val Thorens this week, as Bristol uni students hit the slopes. His choice of bold block colours really caught my attention.

Kami, 3rd year Law

Kami took the look a step further by opting for a Fluro palette.. Could he be as adventurous on the slopes as he is with his choice of gear? 

Ellen, 1st year Drama

Ellen’s awesome retro skiing onesie was the envy of many après ski goers. Not only did it make getting dressed in the morning that bit easier, it also kept her warm and dry on the slopes, with out having to invest in copious amounts of thermals.

Octavia, 2nd year Geography

Octavia managed to remain super stylish and chique with her pairing of a two tone jumper and statement shades.

Ellie, 1st year Biology

Ellie’s contrasting coloured trousers and jacket made her stand out from the crowd.. Note the ‘trill’ sticker on her helmet.

Sophia, 2nd year Physics

Sophia showed us how to accessorise properly for après ski!

Jonny and Blair, ‘Uni of Lash’

These two charming lads didn’t even go to Bristol, and instead claimed they attended the ‘Uni of Lash’…right after this, Blair took his time to adjust his leggings for ‘a more flattering angle’ after realising his picture would appear on a national website…

Alex, 2nd year Politics and Sociology

It wouldn’t be a Bristol party without a tie dye vest making an appearance.. even if it was at the the highest ski resort in Europe!

Kirstie, 3rd year Politics

Finally, Kirstie showed us how to do fancy dress in true student fashion.