We’re hiring: Join The Tab!

No other student publication offers a better head-start in the world of journalism

It’s the newspaper everybody can’t stop talking about. With over 200,000 views a month, The Tab Bristol has established itself as the city’s most popular news source for students.  

The Tab Bristol is so big BBC producers are approaching us asking to make documentaries about our writers. 

Now you can be a part of the team behind the hits.

This term alone we’ve made headlines with Becca Atkinson’s ‘Why private schools are better’, our coverage of VP Education Tom Flynn being chucked out of a hotel, and our story about Union officials attacking “rich whites” for blocking their role review.

You don’t need any experience, we just want fun and enthusiastic people to join our team.

The only thing we’re serious about is journalism and joining The Tab gives you a huge advantage if you want to go into the media.

Uniquely we have a London bureau (okay it’s an office) who have helped land our journalists work experience and jobs at some of the biggest papers and media organisations in the country including The Sun, Buzzfeed and the London Evening Standard.

Still not sold? Read what some of the biggest dogs in the meeja say about The Tab.

You’ll also be invited to regular socials, our massive summer party and the semi-legendary Tab Christmas curry.

Why wouldn’t you want to join this lot?

We are recruiting for:

– Editor

– News Editor

– Features Editor

– Opinion Editor

– Fashion Editor

– Tab TV Editor

– General writer

DEADLINE: Sunday 30th March

The main role of section editors is commissioning – getting writers to produce articles for your section. This varies between 2 and 4 articles a week depending on the section.

To apply for a section editor position, email [email protected] with the section you’re applying for and two ideas for Tab articles.

If you would like more information or have any questions, drop us an email.