Medic sports host Nantes in annual clash

60 of Nantes medical school’s finest athletes descend on Bristol for a weekend of sporting rivalry and drunken decadence

The most highly anticipated medic sports event of the year is looming.

On the weekend of the 22nd March, Bristol Medical School hosts Nantes.  Sports teams will be hosting the French and on Friday night there will be drinks at ROO BAR from 8pm followed by BUNKER – £3 with a free shot included!

As well as the social aspect, both sides will be taking the competitive sport very seriously!

Saturday is the big sports day with mixed basketball at 9AM, followed by netball vs. Cardiff at 10AM at the university gym. An exciting afternoon at Coombe Dingle follows, with men’s football kicking off at 1PM, followed by women’s football. Woman’s rugby starts at 2PM, followed by men’s rugby at 3PM. Stay around to support mixed hockey who will be playing the doctor’s team at 5PM. Please come and support all the teams for their matches!!

That said, it’s the nights out that tend to be the most (or least) memorable

Then at 8pm we take them to the cultural utopia of LOUNGE for food, drinks, boogying and a first hand look at the debauchery of the English! You can come and collect your bags for only£10 in the morning at the gym or the afternoon at Coombe Dingle, and they will include aT-shirt, lunch, a ticket for Lounge, and even a Dominoes pizza in Lounge.

You do not have to be in a sports team to get involved – everyone is welcome to come on the nights out and support our teams for their matches – so please do!

It’s great fun for everyone involved, so come on down regardless of whether you are a medic or are in a sports team!

This event  happens every year, but we swap hosting responsibilities each time. This year they come here, stay in our houses, and then we all go out on both nights. It’s a great weekend; this year there are 60 of them coming over. we provide them with food, lunch and dinner and hopefully they provide us with a boozy, action-packed and memorable weekend.