5 Bristol guys you don’t want to date

Our columnist takes us through the guys you definitely want to avoid dating

You might be desperate for a boyfriend, but it’s important you don’t just settle for anyone. These are definitely the students you want to avoid…

1. The Historian

They have like 5 hours of lectures a week, tops, so they’re always free. When they are working, they’re by themselves in the library, waiting for you to get out of lectures so they can have some human interaction rather than just with books. They always want to hang out, always want to cuddle. Basically, they’re a pretty needy bunch. So, if you’ve got a busy life, a historian is not the kinda guy you want to be dating.

Say goodbye to hanging out with other friends when you’re dating a historian!

2. The Mathematician

Yes, most of them do live up to their nerdy stereotypes. But they’re also massive druggies. Think Big Bang Theory meets Breaking Bad. You’d think it would be the chemists, but the mathematicians have beat them to it as the most ‘experimental’ of all the subjects.

3. The Lawyer

Always harping on about their course and why it’s so much harder than yours. Tend to be rather up themselves and always acting like they don’t have enough time to spend with you. Even though you know they do. They’ll definitely be the one patronising you and arguing over every little decision.

4. The Linguist

They’re probably the only boy in their seminar group. Think about all those Language socials, all those pretty girls who have got to know your boyfriend through doing a group presentation with him. Not one for the jealous girlfriend.

Oh, and he’s probably going to sod off to France or Italy and meet some beautiful European girls in his year abroad whilst you wait for him to come and visit you in drizzly old Bristol and study for your finals.

What French girls look like

5. The Economist

He’s arrogant, slightly deluded and convinced he’s going to be a millionaire. Do you want to be going out with the next Wolf of Wall Street? If you think you can handle it, there could be a pretty big pay off! But you’ll have to put up with being treated like shit. 

Can you handle this?