Review: FUZE 2014

Bristol’s top models stunned the audience at Fuze 2014

Last weekend saw Britain’s largest student-run fashion, music and dance show take place in our very own Bristol.

This year’s show was highly anticipated, with tickets for the Saturday night selling out completely. Last year Fuze celebrated it’s 10th anniversary in style, so the 2014 show had a lot to live up to. Fortunately the show was spectacular, and highlighted not only the abundance of talent in Bristol, but the incredible organisational skills of Fuze’s managing directors, Chew Tze Lin, Ruth Fussell and Nici Harrison.

Tab Fashion were lucky enough have to VIP access and front row seats, so here’s a glimpse of the best bits of Fuze 2014.

By far the main talking point in the interval was the opening of the Serge DeNimes show. Two very attractive models strutted down the catwalk dressed in Serge’s iconic urban tees, complete with owls. Yes, owls. You need to see it to believe it.

Photo by Dave Mackay

The Jaded show encapsulated Bristol student fashion perfectly. This London-based urban streetwear brand combines simple shapes with bold designs, and the models looked great in it.

Photo by Dave Mackay

Fuze provides a great opportunity to showcase the fashion talent within our very own university walls. The Varley walk displayed amazing swimwear designed by two ex-students, whilst current student Lydia Cooper opened the show for the second year in a row with her beautiful range of evening wear.

Photo by Dave Mackay

Photo by Dave Mackay

As the Varley and Young Thread swimwear walk began, all heads were turned! The models all looked incredible, the swimwear fabulous, and the dancing…well let’s just say some of the boys looked a little awkward!

The dance side of the show followed the theme of the 7 Deadly Sins. The dancing and choreography was awesome, and displayed sheer dedication, effort and passion

The main stars of the dancing though were these guys. Being a tad female heavy, the boys showcased just how cool male dancers really are!

Overall, Fuze 2014 was a great night out. The entertainment was second to none, and over £20k was raised for Anti-Slavery International. Fuze not only cemented Bristol’s status as one of the most stylish universities, it showcased the epitome of student organisation, and their efforts certainly paid off!

Photos by Dave Mackay