Bristol nightlife: the trend report

Check out all the Bristol nightlife trends here

Bristol’s hottest nights out always attract the most stylish partygoers, and the beginning of term has not disappointed in the fashion stakes. Tab Fashion brings you the latest trends, as seen on the city’s student clubbers.

VELVET – the fabric’s luxe sheen lent a touch of glamour to Bristol’s grimier venues.

Textured velvet shines at No Scrubs. Photo: Daisy B photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

The velvet shirt is a more casual take on the trend. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

PATTERNED SHIRTS – the guys have been making a splash in Hawaiian styles and tees in tropical prints.

Once the cringey attire of holidaying dads, the Hawaiian shirt is suddenly cool again. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

A bold printed tee offers an easy way to stand out from the crowd. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

SPORTS JACKETS – sporty bombers weren’t just the result of the 90s dresscode at No Scrubs, with the rainy weather seeing clubbers all over the city donning them as their cover-up of choice.

Brought together by a shared love of athletic jackets, perhaps? Photo: Theo Cottle Photography for Wide Eyes at Lakota

SHORTS WITH A DIFFERENCE – those plain denim cut-offs just won’t cut it anymore! The girls stepped it up with bold colours, prints and embroidery.

Yellow shorts are a more unusual colour choice, but the mustard shade of this pair stops them being too brash. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

Shorts can be chic, as demonstrated by the simple silver and black patterning of this pair. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

Denim shorts are given a makeover with customised embroidery. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

THE BANDANA – there’s a new hair accessory on the scene, with girls and boys alike sporting a variety of brightly coloured bandanas and patterned headscarves on nights out.

The unisex hair accessory of the moment. Photo: Issy Croker Photography for Bed at Bunker

The humble bandana is given a facelift in neon green. Photo: Sam Duckerin Photography for No Scrubs at Lakota

Is the reign of the scrunchie coming to an end? Photo: Issy Croker Photography for Bed at Bunker