Vote now: Bristol’s worst exam hall

Sick of doing your exam in a completely random, difficult-to-get-to location?

This week it’s the clash of the exam halls. Bristol certainly boasts a peculiar variety of places for us to sit our dreaded exams, ranging from a football ground to a train station. One day I wonder whether they’ll just make us sit outside Jason Donnervan or set out some desks in the middle of the Cabot Circus.

This is the article that allows you to finally unleash your anger. It’s time to ask the crucial question: what’s the worst exam destination?

Bristol City Football Ground

Ashton Gate, the soulless home to Bristol City, the city’s embarrassingly bad football team, is perhaps the most inconvenient and uninspiring place to empty your brain onto a page. If you were hoping to smash your exams, this place will suck the life right out of you along with all those facts you’ve been learning for the past month (or week!).

New to 2014: Digital clocks on screens at all angles and a pre-exam warm up area in the stands. Why? Who knows?

Temple Meads

Why oh why must we sit an exam in a train station?

What better place to sit your exams than at a train station? The gentle rattle of passing trains and shouts of raucous taxi drivers is the ideal atmosphere to get that First you promised your parents three years ago. It might be pretty on the inside with its high beamed ceilings and fancy architecture, but in reality it’s cold, eerie and a little musky. It also echoes like a bitch if you need to blow your nose.

Coombe Dingle

The dreaded exam hall at Coombe Dingle

If there was ever a more daunting exam destination, this is it. For those who are fortunate enough to have somehow escaped Coombe Dingle, this place is absolutely enormous. The atmosphere in here is a bit like that of a giant World War II shelter; panic and hysteria tinged with a sense of community failure. You’ll often find kids kicking a football against a wall outside, meaning that most of your exam is spent thinking about beating them up.

Wills Memorial Building

Ah, good old Wills

Ahh, the archetypal Russell Group university exam hall. Beautiful on the outside, beautiful on the inside. An ideal location for all; it’s close to uni, a short bus ride from halls and Spoons is just across the road for a post-exam lash up. Plus, who doesn’t want to feel like they’re in a scene from Harry Potter sitting their NEWTs? There aren’t many downsides to this destination, but layer up kids, it’s freezing in there.

UWE

Yuck

Need I say more?

Vote now