Drum And Race

Homeless man found guilty of driving under the influence…of drum and bass

Proving you don’t always need alcohol to get drunk, a Bristol man has been convicted for erratic driving “under the influence of drum and bass”.

Aaron Cogley: Banned for driving at 180bpm

Homeless man Aaron Cogley, 25, was arrested for dangerous driving when police saw his white Ford van speeding and crawling through Stokes Croft as if he was drunk.

He was followed down Marlborough Street and onto Dighton Street.  Police watched as he crawled through two red lights and then pelted towards Montpelier station, swerving between the lanes.But when he was arrested and breathalysed, they found no traces of alcohol and drugs.

Aaron’s Bass Dropping Route

Appearing in court this week, Aaron pleaded guilty to the charge of dangerous driving.  He was sentenced to 80 hours of unpaid work (community service) and a £60 fine, and was banned from driving for a year.

He explained to the courtroom he was in a hurry and “high on the drum and bass” blaring from his speakers.

His lawyer, David Miller, said, “It was stupid.  He was carried away because of the intoxicating effects of drum and bass music.”